My boys are pretty great kids. And having the responsibilty of raising them to grow up and become men is both exciting and overwhelming! My husband is very good at encouraging me in this area. He's always reminding me of something we learned in James Dobson's book Bringing Up Boys - that as early as 18 months they begin to dissassociate from their mamas. It's at that point, that we mamas need to begin encouraging those sweet boys down the path of manhood.
Yesterday evening Bryan was repairing a chair. With his tools strewn across the floor, Eli walked over and began exploring. At one point I looked over and little Eli and his big grown Daddy were sitting side-by-side, in total silence, digging through the tools! What a manly moment between the two of them!
I recently started calling my boys M.I.T.'s - men in training...
.... some pics of them doing their laundry. Although they need a little coaching, they do a great job!
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unloading Anxious Thoughts
This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...
-
Sunday we had the opportunity to ride on a float in a Mardi Gras parade in Port Arthur, Texas! Some of you wonder "what in the world is...
-
Today is Good Friday. I think that today should be celebrated just as much as Sunday because the impact of Jesus' obediance in His life...
-
Today I was etched in the minds of many people. Yes, I did something that had a lot of people talking. But before I tell you what I did, I ...
No comments:
Post a Comment