Friday, November 16, 2012

Stinky Pants and Santa

Yesterday we went to the mall to buy Eli some winter clothes. I treated the kids to Chickfila before we went shopping because I knew that full bellies would make for a better shopping experience! So we filled up on some chicken nuggets and fries and off to the clothing store we went.  Well of course, 15 minutes into me digging through sale racks gave my sweet 2 year old the prime opportunity to fill up his little diapy. And accompanying that diaper was a massive aroma that was making me wonder if it was actually my child or some adult with stomach issues!

Then it occured to me: I didn't bring the diaper bag into the mall.

This was defiantely a shopping trip ender for us, and probably a few of the mall patrons too! hehe....

So I got in line to check out, while Eli seemed to pay a very close, curious visit to every store customer. Why did he stand right next to the ladies and stare at them? Not real sure, but his curiousity was spreading more smell. Finally after what seemed like and hour in line, it was our turn to check out. The clerk rang up the items and I quickly herded the kids toward the mall exit.

As we passed the Santa station, I was giving my kids the quick tour guide version so they wouldn't stop and stare, and further delay our much needed rescue from the diaper odor: "Look everyone, wave to Santa...." And then Santa decided to take a break and began to head toward us. At this point I was very fearful that Eli would dig into his diaper, pull out some poop and throw it across the mall (he is really curious about his diaper and poop and has actually done this at home.) Santa, having no idea of course, decided to stoop down and hand out candy to my children. Friends, let me just say that Eli smelled really really bad. There was a horrible aroma all around my sweet little boy. The kids wouldn't even get down wind of him as we were walking! Anyway, back to Santa. So Santa handed out candy canes and then began to have a 10 minute discussion with my children about kindness and love. All the while, I was praying for Eli to not dig in his diaper. Finally, Santa wrapped it up, knealt down and hugged each one of my kids. As he hugged Eli, I was sort of waiting for him to start gagging, but he didn't. I apologized for the odor and he reassured me that it was 'ok'! And I was super glad that this man dressed up like Santa really loved his job!

With candy canes in tow we finally made it to the car and changed Eli's diaper. I was so glad I bought blue jeans for him because he got to wear them right then and there! (You get the point here, right?)

You know, Christmas is right around the corner. And for our famiy, this season is about celebrating the birth of Jesus. I know many of you who read this blog have made a decision to accept the free gift that God gave to us through His Son Jesus' death on the cross. But, friend, if you've never made that decision, then know this, its simple and free! John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have eternal life."
Much like Eli, we all stink, but with our disgusting sin! And Jesus knows that already. He died on the cross for your sins, my sins and every person in this world's sins. And because of His death and resurrection on the cross, death and sin is defeated, and you can be forgiven of all your sin (no matter what it is). All you have to do is accept His free gift of forgiveness and proclaim Him as Lord of your life! And when you and I make that choice, every single thing that we've ever done wrong is erased! Then when God looks at us, He no longer sees our yucky sin, but instead, His precious Son who paid the price so that we could be free from the chains of sin! For more info on this, check out the tab at the top of my blog "How to be saved".

No comments:

Unloading Anxious Thoughts

This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...