Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summer Highlights...Andrew's Baptism

Andrew asked Jesus to live in his heart on July 16th. So this Sunday he showed everyone what he had done through baptism! Bryan had the awesome opportunity to baptize Andrew!




After the baptism was over, Bryan and Andrew walked back up the stairs. As he was about to turn the corner, Bryan turned around and looked at me.  For a brief moment we locked eyes and smiled. I knew what he was saying to me (because it was what I was saying to him) "I love living this life with you."
Friends, I just want to say that I love my family so so much. Of course most people would say that. Here's the thing. I am overwhelmed by all that God has blessed me with. My life is rich. I am not referring to financial wealth, but the richness that only comes from God's great love for us -his wisdom, His provision, His grace, His blessings of children, His ability to turn a broken marriage into a masterpiece. If you know my story, you know that there was a time when I couldn't say that, when I wrestled with the direction that God was leading us, when I thought that God didn't have our best in mind. The heartache of a miscarried baby. The difficulty of a ministry experience turned sour. Joblessness. The unexpected move to Texas, leaving all that we knew and loved. Getting pregnant for a fourth time, unexpectedly, with no health insurance. Unanswered prayers. We have had our share of hardship and difficulties. Still do. But hear me on this: GOD has seen us through and provided everything we've needed for every step of the way.  Everything. Jesus said in John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." And that He has done for us.

No comments:

Unloading Anxious Thoughts

This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...