Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday's Tool - Hide and Go Seek

It's here! The month of luuuvvvv! Over the next 29 days, I thought it would be fun to throw out a few challenges to myself and fellow-sisters-who-read-the-blog; challenges that could make some positive luv changes in our lives and our families' lives. I hope you'll join me in this! First out of the barn....

Our relationships' with our Heavenly Father.

The challenge comes from Jeremiah 29:13 "You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart" (Holman Christian Standard). The Message says of Jeremiah 29:13, "When you come looking for me, you'll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed."

Whew! Hear that? When we want to find Him more than anything else, we won't be disappointed! I smell a challenge in that verse! Infact, it seems to me that God has set up a game of hide and seek!

So here's the challenge for this week: Spend 15 to 30 minutes every day seeking out God with all your (and my) heart. Grab your Bible and get it ready to read. Then, first chance you get, seek Him. Talk to Him. Tell Him what's happening in your life. Confess sin you've been hanging on too. Thank Him for His great love for you. Praise Him because He is a Mighty, Faithful God! Plant your eyes on His unfailing words and read through the Scriptures. Did you find Him? Do you see Him? Happy seeking.... wink!

No comments:

Unloading Anxious Thoughts

This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...