Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday's Tool - Medicine for the Soul

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine..."

My dear friend Cathy has a delightful heart! She finds the hilarious silver lining in every crazy situation that God sends her way. For example, one time she was fishing with her husband, Peter, in their john-boat. They had been sitting in lawn chairs inside the boat during the fishing trip. So when Peter cranked up the boat and took off, Cathy wasn't real 'secured' into the boat in her folding lawn chair. And it wasn't seconds later that she flew out of the boat, lawn chair and all, into the river. Well Peter said he immediately stopped the boat to turn around, anxiously awaiting Cathy's resurface! Within seconds she came to the top of the water and began laughing hysterically! And the one thing she was worried about was her flip flops floating down river!

Cathy laughs about most things. This is one of the reasons I love being around her! And because she is an iron-sharpens-iron kind of a friend, I started realizing my lack of laughter at life's little bumps in that road less traveled. Most of the time I get highly annoyed (and I probably would have at the boating incident.)

So yesterday morning I prayed for God to send me some of those silver lining situations that would bring much needed laughter into my very busy, very crazy days. I also prayed that He would help me see the funny in those situations. And then I waited to see what He would do... oh and did He bless me with some really great 'funnies'!

Here's one:

My sweet boy crawled over into the bathtub and joined his older sister for a second bathtime, fully clothed, diaper and all! I laughed and laughed! And later thanked the Lord for kids - and funny kids at that!

No comments:

Unloading Anxious Thoughts

This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...