Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hard working

 
 

When Sarah was 5 and Andrew 2, Bryan and I took our kids to my mentor's house. She and her husband were moving fire wood from their shed to their house for the winter season. We showed up around 8 am and together the six of us carried wood for 2 hours. Yes, even my 5 and 2 year old carried the wood. Afterwards, Louise made lunch for us and we celebrated the completion of a hard days work!

I learned something really amazing that day... my kids are capable of so much more than I thought. I learned that they can do pretty much anything! Recently, Eli (who was 1 at the time) helped me unload the dishwasher by putting the forks and spoons into the silverware drawer. Of course, when he was done, it looked like a 1 year old did the work! But I praised the snot out of him for being such a helper and hard worker. My four year old regularly does the dishes with me - and she does a pretty good job!

The picture above is of Sarah, Andrew, Ellie and Eli helping Daddy remove carpet padding and clean the floors in our home on Labor Day! We thought it would be fun to celebrate the holiday with a little work!!! All four kids worked most of the day doing whatever Daddy needed help with! At the end of the day, we had accomplished quite a bit! Daddy even said that he would pay them for their help!

Colossians 3:23-24 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

No comments:

Unloading Anxious Thoughts

This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...