Monday, October 24, 2011

Tuesday's Tool - Wart Removal

When I was 24, I broke out with this bizarre flat wart virus all over my legs.  It was HORRIBLE. Although the little warts were barely noticable, I was a newlywed and very concerned I would gross out by husband! I couldn't go to the dermatologist to get them all removed. There were way too many of them (like 100+). So I prayed for 9 months for God to make them go away. Then suddenly one day, they were gone.

Now I know that once you have a wart virus, it never goes away. It might lay dormant, but it's still in your blood system. And so I wondered if they would come back.

9 months ago it did.

I noticed a little flat wart on the back of my hand. So I googled flat wart cures thinking I would get a site with some good info on over-the-counter medicines. Here's what many sites recommended:

Take a tiny piece of cotton (from a cotton ball) and dip it in apple cider vinegar. Squeeze the cotton out and put it over the wart. Cover the wart with a spot bandaid, overnight. Then remove it in the morning. Repeat this every night for two to three weeks. You will notice the wart getting red and slightly inflamed. Don't mess with it! Continue to apply the vinegar each night until the wart literally comes off.

So I tried it and it works!!  This is a painless, non-invasive, inexpensive (like a total of $3.00) option that you can use on yourself, your kids or your spouse.

Recently my son had a pretty big wart on his knee. I applied the vinegar for 2 nights and it peeled off a day later.

The warts are not supposed to return in the same spot, contrary to the results of over-the-counter remedies. Apparently the vinegar gets to the root of the problem. And I can say that so far this is true for me.

No comments:

Unloading Anxious Thoughts

This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...