Thursday, October 13, 2011

Legos...

You know, legos are pretty great toys. My kids have had legos since they were 12 months old (the non-choking hazard ones of course!) My two older kids spend a great deal of time creating all kinds of all-terrain vehicles, boats, houses and other creations that always seem to amaze me. Today, however, I used legos in a new way. And I have to pass it on....

My 4 year old daughter was following me out to the car when her sweet little finger was closed in the door. I was already out to the car unloading groceries and had no idea that she was in the house screaming and stuck. (Breaks my heart to retell this.) Thankfully my 9 year old heard her screaming and ran to help her. By the time I got to her, her pointy finger was swollen, bruised and questionably broken. I started looking around the house for a popsicle stick to splint her finger, but had no luck. Then suddenly, there it was... a gigantic pile of legos. So I rummaged through all the tiny pieces and found a white, flat lego just a tad longer that the injured finger. Quickly, I grabbed some bandage tape and wrapped up the wound. Add a little ice and some cartoons and BAM! We were back in business!

Who needs finger splints when you have legos.....

Oh by the way, the finger was fine. I think the extra special bandage and some TLC made all the difference!

No comments:

Unloading Anxious Thoughts

This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...