Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Beach Fun!

Ohhhh the beach! One of my favorite places to go! The salty air, the crashing waves, the sound of seagulls... and the seaweed. (cue the sound of the record stopping abruptly) Wait the seaweed?!?!! This past weekend we decided to spend a little time at a nearby beach. We weren't sure what they would look like considering the hurricane damage from a few years ago.  And with the exception of large amounts of seaweed littering the beaches (and I mean mountains of seaweed), it wasn't too bad! Here are some pics...


This pic cracks me up! Both girls making unprompted silly poses!



My amazing hubby!!


These were pelicans flying over the water. We saw hundreds of these beautiful birds.
At one point, Ellie looked up and said "Mommy, look at the eagles!"

We didn't really go in the water, although it was very warm. And even standing in the surf, the seaweed would wrap around our ankles - a very creepy feeling!

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
                                      If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.
                                                    When I awake, I am still with You.
                                                             Psalm 139: 17-18

No comments:

Unloading Anxious Thoughts

This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...