Friday, June 18, 2010

God's Baby Provision - Part 1

I accidentally erased this blog and I am so bummed out. So this is a rewrite of the first part of the God's Baby Provision Story - Part 1. If you've already read this, I am sorry for the repeat. I just needed to have this documented for my own blogging good!

Last September I called Bryan to let him know that he would be a daddy for the fourth time! We were both really surprised because we weren't planning for a fourth baby.

A week later, Bryan and I sat in my OB's office and with a piece of paper in hand stating the overall cost of having a baby.  By the end of the visit, we had committed to paying $400 a month over 8 months. That wasn't including the lab work, glucose tests, or hospital bills. And those costs would end up bringing the bill to a few thousand more, atleast. Then there would be the seemingly endless baby items that we would need to buy. And we had given away everything baby except for our baby crib.  (I'm being overly honest in this blog story because the details of it glorify what God has done.) I did not know how we would manage to pay for this baby. And so I sat next to Bryan wondering how we would climb this Mount Everest that our Father had set before us.

Now the 2009 year had been a productive year for Bryan's business.  But I am not exaggerating when I say that literally the month we found out we were pregnant, Bryan's last job was coming to and end - with no more work in sight.  And after much prayer God was not opening the doors for work. We had saved up a little nest egg that would provide for us for about 2 months, but that was it.  And I knew that we were not financially equipped to tackle this mountain.

And so we looked to God to make the impossible, possible and we began this journey telling ourselves the Truth - that this precious baby was placed in our lives by His hands, that God is in the business of doing things that can't be done on normal human terms and that our Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills. Little did I know all that God would do to blow our minds with His great love and provision.

No comments:

Unloading Anxious Thoughts

This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...