Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Peanuts???

This blog probably could have been in the Quotes column, but I had to write this story - it's worth writing! The other day I was talking to my best friend Sarah and we were discussing the importance of teaching our kids the correct names for the private parts of the body. Bryan and I had taught Sarah and Andrew the anatomically correct names in the past, but I thought a refresher on the topic wouldn't hurt. Later that day I reminded Sarah and Andrew of the correct names and they listened and then went on and played. I thought "they got it down." So tonight Andrew was getting dressed after his bath and he started dancing around and singing (and I quote) "you can't see my peeeaaanut, you can't see my peeeaaanut" to the tune of Nany Nany Boo Boo.
Me --"What did you just say?"
Andrew -- "You can't see my peanut."
Me -- "What exactly are you referring too?" (I said this with a laugh edging out!)
And he said as he poked out his hips, "You know, my peanut!"
I laughed and laughed - I'm still laughing even as I write this!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Ummmm...HILARIOUS!!! Did you stop laughing long enough to correct him?!? :)

Unloading Anxious Thoughts

This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...