Monday, April 15, 2013

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Last week the kids were out in the yard playing. Ellie came running inside to tell me they'd found a wiggly creature in the yard. "Hurry fast, come see!" she yelled.

Concerned that the creature was a snake, I ran!

When I arrived at the huddle of kids, I soon realized that the creature wasn't a snake, but a caterpillar. A cute, little caterpillar. I knew he was safe to handle, so I picked him up to show the kids. Each one held him and felt the tickle of his little legs.

The bug crawled and crawled and crawled. Up and down the arms of my children. Over fingers and hands. The kids laughed and joked that he was running, yet going no where!

Then Sarah decided it would be a great idea to try to feed him. So she grabbed a leaf off the ground and put it near his head. Would you believe that he started munching?  Apparently all that exercise  had burned off some calories! And the leaf was a perfectly timed delicacy, because he munched away. We could HEAR his munching! Amazing! Well this idea caught on quickly and each one of my kids tried to feed the bug. But he must have had his fill of leaf because he turned his head up (literally) to their offers!

Homeschooling is so fun! Weekly, God sends an 'out of the blue' science experiment straight to our backyard. And my kids LOVE it! We talk about how much God loves to bless us with such cool nature experiences!

Hey everyone, I wanted to let you know that we are having computer problems and I still cannot add pictures to my blog. I have tried many different things and nothing works. I will keep trying!

No comments:

Unloading Anxious Thoughts

This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...