Monday, January 7, 2013

Resolutions

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year holiday! We spent ours with family and friends and it was very very blessed... I'm curious to know if you made New Year's Resolutions!? Here is mine (I'm sharing it with you and giving you permission to pop over to my blog and ask me if I'm still doing what I resolved to do!...) which is: Spend time with God every day. I have to admit that over the last few years I've gotten a little complacent in doing my quiet times. I know, thankfully, that God's love for me doesn't change because of this. But the fellowship with Him sure does! So as 2013 fast approached, I began to seek the Lord on what He would want my resolution to be. He said "To spend time with Me daily."

Today is Day 6, of course. And although I haven't spent time with the Lord every morning (which is my most favorite time of the day to read the Bible and pray), I am spending time with God at some time each day. And that time with Him is growing sweeter by the day! I find myself longing to be with Him, listening to voice that calms my soul, sharing the things in my heart and mind.

So what is your resolution? Do share...!

I would absolutely love to pray for you in your 365 day endeavor to succeed in your resolutions. Please let me know if and how I can pray for you.

One helpful thing to remember: Today is the only day we are accountable for. Not tomorrow, or 10 days from now, or next month. Just today. So take your goals one day at a time and worry with tomorrows stuff tomorrow!

I love you!

-- Jamie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love you and so glad you had a great Christmas.

Unloading Anxious Thoughts

This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...