Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Breaking Away From 'Love' For the Week....

Ever since we've had Eli (10 months ago), we have all been adjusting to the demands of the baby. The kids have done well, but the fact is, my time has seemed to get shorter and the laundry has gotten larger. Many days they beg me to play with them and because of pure exhaustion, home school, housework, more housework and the caring of a baby, my time with them is very spread thin. So I have been making great attempts to sit down and play with my precious children, even if the housework gets neglected or the dinner is nothing more than PB&J's.  And that's why there is no tool on love this week. Instead of preparing to write the blog, I sat down and learned how to play chess with my oldest daughter (really fun by the way!). Here are some pics of the kids from Easter that I've been meaning to post...

Before the egg hunt...
                                                 
Ellie having a blast hunting!

Andrew's 1st bucket...

Andrew's 2nd "bucket"

Ellie is soooo happy with her finds!



Sarah is grabbing the last few eggs. No competitive nature in her at all....
Eli was 'done' when we got to the egg hunt. He was ready to go home and take a nap!
A content baby on Daddy's shoulders!
Bailey, Andrew and Ellie

1 comment:

Allie T said...

Funny, I've been thinking about this "need" lately, too, must be something about this age with the babies - being mobile, etc., that is so exhausting and takes more time and energy. Luckily James got home just in time to take up some of my slack with Landon! Although this is easier because I have all boys, so they'd really rather spend time with daddy anyways. :)

Unloading Anxious Thoughts

This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...