Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dying Love

I had to share this. Today we were driving in the car and my sweet Sarah asked "Mommy, when you die can I have your car?" I laughed and replied, "Sure you can" - if she only knew that what she was asking me for was a really out of date, uncool minivan. What 16 year old wants that? Anyway, the kicker to the conversation was when she followed up with "And don't bring the keys with you to Heaven." I wasn't sure if she was kidding, so I asked "Why?" to which she replied, "Because then I won't be able to drive the car!" Like 'duh, what kind of a question is that Mom?' To make matters worse, Bryan had to add that Sarah turning 16 would mean that I would die at the ripe ol age of 43.

2 comments:

Anita said...

Maybe she was thinking ahead much further down the road...like when she is a cool Mom like you and needs a cool minivan...she would be MUCH older than 16...(and you would be too!) :) LOVE YOU!

The McNeill family said...

I laughed and laughed at this story! Rosie Roo is so funny! (A little morbid, but funny! wink!) I love you!

Unloading Anxious Thoughts

This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...