Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4th Fun!


Our 4th of July was a lot of fun! The church in our community hosted a 4th of July fun day. So the kids got to jump in a balloon jump, pet a baby lemur and see some great fireworks! Afterwards we went home and set up chairs in our front yard for the fireworks show that Bryan put on for us! Then Sunday we drove to Galveston Island via car and ferry ride! We saw dolphins jumping out of the water and played in the surf of the beach - so much fun! The kids actually slept in until 8:15am on Monday (which we call a miracle in our family!) I praise God for allowing us to have so much fun in these imperfect earthly bodies. And I think about how much more amazing fun heaven will be for us - worshipping our Creator, having redeemed bodies, and not wrestling with our flesh day and night. God is so good and I am eternally amazed at the fact that I belong to Him - that His amazing grace reached down and got through to my sheepy brain.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Hello from one of the flock. I love you, Jamie, and hope you had a fantastic birthday.

Unloading Anxious Thoughts

This morning I got up early for a doctors appointment. To be specific, it was a follow up diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound to rule out th...